What to Consider When Choosing a Dog Pulling Harness
If your dog has neck problems, then he may need more than just a basic collar and leash to wear for an outing or a walk. What they need is a dog pulling harness, which is a piece of equipment worn in combination with a collar and used as a substitute for the attachment that is normally used for a dog leash. The design of the dog pulling harness allows for proper distribution of weight and your tugging force. This, in turn, helps keep the dog’s neck safe and unaffected by all that pulling.
Dog pulling harnesses come in various designs depending on the type of use. Choosing the right one for your dog can be a little difficult, especially if you don’t know what you are looking for. To help you with your next purchase, here is a guide to selecting the best dog pulling harness.
Back Clip Dog Pulling Harness
The back clip dog pulling harness comes with a ring or hoop at the back. This means that it can be the easiest type of harness for most dogs. It allows you to have good control over the dog while staying away from a leash which can damage the throat of the dog. You will also want to know that the harness is easy to use and once the dog gets used to it, you may even teach them how to walk without pulling away.
Front Clip Dog Pulling Harness
A front clip harness gives you more control over the back clip harness. This design is great as it offers you the most control as it easily allows you to gently pull your dog from potential danger. It is also a great method of having control over reactive or aggressive dogs, which is not that easy with a back clip dog pulling harness or a traditional leash.
A variation of this leash can come with a tightening design. This design is perfect for dogs that are aggressive as it adds a little pressure when the dog pulls away. If you are training a dog or have a reactive pet which needs you to intervene and correct often, this is one of the best solutions you can find. The key with this design is to look for a model which only offers a small tightening. You don`t want the harness to pull too tight and restrict leg movement or put extra pressure on the torso of the dog. This is why you will need to pay attention not to impede your dog from moving with an intrusive design.
With so many designs it might be overwhelming of just choosing a simple solution. This is where you will need to take the durability of the harness into account. The materials might get chewed on and you might even need to wash them, this is why choosing a strong material which will last at least for a couple of years is essential. The bigger the dog the more durable design you will needs. This means that you will need to look for quality materials if you have a big dog, especially if you are coming from a traditional leash and try to make the transition towards a harness. This is the situation where the dog pulls away the most, until the learning curve is over.
Multi-Functional Dog Pulling Harness
If you don`t find a design which will fit your dog or are unsure which type of clip to use, either a front or a back design, then you can look for a multi-functional dog pulling harness. These harnesses are great because they can easily be adjusted and they can be attached either from the back or from the back.
These types of harnesses are also great for multiple dogs. So if you have more than one dog you can eventually use the same harness to walk or train each dog. The downside is that you can`t walk multiple dogs at once. But it may still be a good money-saving solution.
No pull dog harnesses are one of the best inventions for your pet. They use the principle of the traditional leash but without the neck choking. Many owners are hesitant to switch to a harness because they fear on how the dog will react. But there is plenty of room for good training and making the dog associate the harness with a positive action both through treats and verbal rewards. This way the dog will be more relaxed and will get to appreciate the harness and the walks ahead.
Dog Pulling Harness Top 10 Table
(#1 Amazon best seller)
Dog Pulling Harness Product Details
RABBITGOO Dog Pulling Harness
Customer Satisfaction: 85%
Easy On Easy Off Design Makes Putting It on Your Dog Hassel Free
Pulling Pressure is Evenly Distributed to the Body to Prevent Pulling and Choking
2 Sturdy Metal Leash Attachment Points on the Back and on the Chest
Adjustable Slide Straps Let You Create a Custom Fit for Your Dog
Reflective Straps ensure Your Dog’s Safety while out for a Walk Soft Breathable Material plus Heavy Padding Makes Your Dog Enjoys Wearing It
- Easy Walk
- Stops Pulling
- A Handle for control
- Front and Back Rings for Attaching Leash
- Adjustable Neck and Chest Girth
- Easy to Put on and off
- Reflectable in the Dark
- Breathable and Comfortable Padding
- Cool Looking
PetLove Soft Leash Padded Dog Pulling Harness
Customer Satisfaction: 80%
PetLove Harness is Stylish, Durable, Scratch-Resistant material. Large loading capacity greatly improves tensile strength. Easy to put on and take off Harness. Comfortable Lightweight Mesh Lining with Soft Sponge Padding in chest and belly. Adjustable straps allow a custom fit for your pooch. Safety Features include Reflective Material to Ensure Visibility at Night.
- Size: XX Large. Chest Perimeter: 35.4" - 48.1". Please measure the size of chest accurately before purchase.
- Stylish, Durable, Scratch-Resistant material. Large loading capacity greatly improves tensile strength.
- Easy to put on and take off Harness. Comfortable Lightweight Mesh Lining with Soft Sponge Padding in chest and belly. Adjustable straps allow a custom fit for your pooch
- Safety Features include Reflective Material to Ensure Visibility at Night
- PetLove endeavor to be the Best pet supply company. Any PetLove products are covered with 3 month+ warranty.
Best Pet Supplies, Inc. Voyager Soft Dog Pulling Harness
Customer Satisfaction: 82%
The Voyager dog pulling harness offers functionality without compromising style. Just like us, dogs come in all shapes and sizes - and style. And this fully adjustable step-in, no pull harness allows you to complement your pet’s beautifully unique shape without compromising style!
Unlike other dog vests that come in a one-size-fits-all design, our pet harness is fitted with the most adjustment points to create a custom fit for your pooch. So now your dog will have a soft walking harness that is not too tight with its extra-plush panels.
Our luxurious dog pulling harness is machine washable, which makes it easy to clean before the next adventure with your furry explorer.
Count on the fully adjustable Voyager pet harness to make that walk or run an absolute treat for your large dog or pet.
- PLUSH DESIGN: Stylishly soft fabric makes this a comfortable no pull pet vest.
- SAFETY FIRST: Encourage walking adventures with this latte suede dog harness made with durable fastener and quick release buckle.
- WARM WALK: Treat your dog to a soft walking harness that ensures all-day comfort even in cold weather.
- EASY TO PUT ON: With its multiple adjustments, our non pulling harness is a breeze to put on your pet.
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Wash pet harness with similar color items in cold water on gentle cycle. Lay vest flat to dry.
EzyDog Quick Fit Custom Fit Adjustable Dog Pulling Harness
Customer Satisfaction: 86%
The innovative EzyDog quick-fit harness is the answer to every dog's (and their owners) dreams. One click of the buckle on the quick-fit and the dog and owner are ready to go. The support of a dog pulling harness, the simplicity of a collar.
- SIMPLE ONE-CLICK FIT SYSTEM: Our Patent Pending EzyDog One-Click Fit System lets you know if you have the right fit without all the frustrations that fitting other harnesses can cause. As easy to use as a collar, with all the benefits of a harness.
- NEOPRENE PADDED CHEST SLEEVE: Our premium waterproof neoprene chest sleeve covers the adjustable chest strap for a durable and comfortable fit on your dog.
- REFLECTIVE SAFETY STITCHING THROUGHOUT: We've incorporated high-visibility reflective stitching throughout our award-winning design to increase nighttime visibility and safety for both you and your dog.
- QUICK-CLIP BUCKLE SYSTEM: Our heavy-duty EzyDog Quick-Clip Buckles provide you with fast and easy on and off for hassle-free fun.
Babyltrl Big Dog Pulling Harness
Customer Satisfaction: 82%
Babyltrl Dog Vest Harness No Pull is made from premium durable nylon oxford and soft padded material, very comfortable to wear. This easy walk harness will stop pulling, make walks like a dream! Perfect gift for active friends that have dogs who pull. No Pull & No Choke Using a dog collar may cause respiratory problems or even lead to more serious injuries like a collapsed trachea.
- Large Size: Chest Girth 22-35 inch. Perfect harness for large dogs, but also fits well for medium dogs, like golden retriever, labrador, german shepherd, american bully pitbull and more. Adjustable Straps let you create a custom fit for your dog.
- No Pull Design: Pulling pressure is evenly distributed to the body to prevent Pulling and Choking. Our dog vest harness comes with 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
- Easy to Wear & Locking Security: This pet harness with simple design and quick snap buckles which make it easy to put on and take off. Locking feature on both snaps makes it much more secure, perfect for daily walking, running, hiking, training, hunting, outdoor adventure and more!
- Sturdy Handy Handle: Our pet dog harness comes with sturdy D-ring leash attachment point and easy grap handle to help you to control and assist your dog.
- Reflective & Lightweight: Premium Nylon Oxford material offers a long lifetime for this soft dog chest harness. Lightweight and easy to clean. Reflective straps keep your dog SAFE all the time while out for a walk.
Comfort Fit Metric USA - Small Dog Pulling Harness
Customer Satisfaction: 82%
The Comfort Fit Dog Pullling Harness for small dogs is created with Metric 66 material that provides a confortable hugging effect to the dog and lessens the stress and tension whenever the owner leads their pets. There are padded areas within the harness that decreases the strain on the lower neck and trachea caused by pulling.This light weight harness weights only 2 oz, comes in 6 different colors: Red, Black, Blue, Pink, Purple and Green and in 4 sizes: XX Small, X small, Small and Medium.
- STRUGGLE WITH YOUR DOG COLLAR? We have an Easy to Put on and Take off Soft Dog Harness with a Quick release clip.
- HAVE AN ESCAPE ARTIST OF A DOG? Our dog harness has Two Reinforced D-rings that locks securely on to your leash
- Easy to Care, Incredibly lightweight weighs only 2 oz. Comes in Red, Black, Blue, Pink, Purple and Green
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE WE ARE THAT SURE YOU WILL LOVE YOUR SMALL DOG HARNESS
Ruffwear Front Range All-Day Adventure Dog Pulling Harness
Customer Satisfaction: 86%
The Ruffwear Front Range Dog Pulling Harness is an everyday harness that is easy to put on and comfortable for dogs to wear. The harness features two leash attachment points: an aluminum V-ring centered on the dog's back for everyday walks, and reinforced webbing at the dog's chest for training or additional control. ID pocket keeps dog tags quiet and easily accessible.
- EVERYDAY DOG PULLLING HARNESS WITH A CUSTOMIZABLE FIT: The Front Range is an everyday harness that is is easy to put on and comfortable for dogs to wear. It offers 4 points of adjustment that allow you to create a customizable fit specifically for your dog, allowing for full range of motion.
- PADDED CHEST AND BELLY PANEL: The Front Range features padded chest and belly panels for good load dispersion to ensure that your dog is comfortable when wearing the harness, whether for a short or an extended length of time.
- SECURE LEASH ATTACHMENT POINTS: The Front Range offers two secure leash attachment points: an aluminum V-ring on the dog's back for everyday walks and reinforced webbing on the dog's chest for training or additional control.
- REFLECTIVE TRIM AND ID POCKET: The Front Range features reflective trim that allows you to keep an eye on your dog, even in low-light visibility environments. The harness also includes a handy ID Pocket to store your dog tags, allowing you to keep them quiet yet easily accessible.
EzyDog Chest Plate Custom Fit Dog Pulling Harness
Customer Satisfaction: 82%
EzyDog Chest Plate Dog Pulling Harness with FREE BONUS SEAT BELT CAR RESTRAINT CLIP: Soft, Ergonomic EVA Foam, Padded, Adjustable, Easy Walk Safety Control Harness with Reflective Stitching. Available in XS, S, M, L, XL sizes and 9 Color Patterns including Pink, Camo, Black, Red and More!
- ERGONOMIC EVA FOAM CHEST PLATE: Our ergonomic EVA foam chest plate construction molds to your dog's chest for a custom fit and unequaled comfort. Our unique design disperses the load vertically for a greater level of control over traditional harnesses.
- EASY ON AND OFF COMFORTABLE CROSS-FIT DESIGN: Award winning innovative, easy on and off, comfortable cross-fit design provides you with superior control and comfort for both you and your dog. And, we use our heavy-duty EzyDog Quick-Clip Buckles to provide you with fast and easy on and off for hassle-free fun.
- REFLECTIVE STITCHING THROUGHOUT: We've incorporated high-visibility reflective stitching throughout our award-winning design to increase nighttime visibility and safety for both you and your dog.
- RUGGED WELDED STAINLESS STEEL D-RING: Our rustproof stainless steel welded D-ring leash attachment gives you the ultimate in strength, durability, and security.
barkOutfitters Real Service Dog Vest Harness
Customer Satisfaction: 88%
Don't be fooled by cheap imitations. Real service dog vests have an adjustable chest plate. The chest plate keeps the vest from slipping side-to-side. That's trainer quality. All straps are adjustable. Front strap has reflective strip for safety.
The Secret To a Hassle-Free Experience With Your Service Dog
Every Service Dog owner knows how frustrating it is when people question your partner.
How Will This Durable Vest Solve Your Problem?
Properly identifying your Service Dog with this professional looking vest will often stop Hassles before they start. People see the vest and that your partner is not just a pet.
What Can Expect From This Product?
- Removable chest plate
- Removable / Interchangeable Reflective Hook and Loop Service Dog Vest Patches
- Easy to grab handle
- Reflective chest strap and trim
- Durable and breathable fabric
- Fast drying after water activities
- Comfortable neoprene lining eliminates chaffing
Blueberry Pet 3M Reflective Multi-Colored Stripe Dog Pulling Harness
Customer Satisfaction: 85%
As pet parents, you are searching for the best all-rounded harness product on the market. Through emails, and product reviews, we heard so many customers looking for the best for their loved furry friends just like you!
Blueberry Pet's design team did the research for you and found this solution:
- light weight mesh
- polyester and oxford materials for comfort
- reflective stripes and triangle on top of the vest for safety in the dark
- metal D-ring for durability and better attaching the leash
- adjustable chest and neck straps for best fitting
- two vests for pull control and distributing weight
- polyester seams for stitching the mesh inner layer and oxford outer layer securely and the contrasting seams and stripes for added style
This harness piece is definitely what we call it as 'One-of-a-kind'. Your four-legged friends probably don't even want to take this dog pulling harness out. At the same time, this harness makes your daily walk easy, enjoyable and stylish.
How to Make the Transition From a Leash to a Dog Pulling Harness
Many owners know the struggle of getting used to walking with a harness. Many dogs will run away as soon as they see the dog pullling harness. But there are some tips which can help you improve the process and eventually make it as smooth as possible.
One tip is to always give the dog a treat when you clip the dog pullling harness. This way the dog will know that there will be a treat when he sees the harness. But another form of training comes with sound. The clipping sound will now be associated with a treat and this is why it can even make the dog come to you with the sound in the future.
Another good tip is to train the dog to put the head through the harness themselves. This can also be done with a treat. As you give your dog something to chew on through the hoop, you can place the dog pullling harness into position. This will work best in time when the dog will get used to the harness and the reward. Trainers also use a classic method of alerting the dog before putting the harness. You may find that verbalizing the action will help the dog understand what`s going to happene without them being scared of the action.
These techniques can help your dog get used to the idea of a dog pullling harness and expect something good to happen every time. This can come in the form of a treat or a verbal reward and thus your dog will start looking forward towards the experience every time.
If you`re looking for a tightening dog pullling harness for an aggressive dog though, you will need to make a basic consideration. You don`t want the harness to be too tight as to restrict leg movement. As with tempered dogs, it has to be associated with a pleasurable experience.